Optagest Digestive Aid, 2g/0.07oz per stick
Optagest is a daily digestive supplement for dogs and cats. This gentle, yet effective formula of the prebiotic organic inulin and four plant-based enzymes supports normal digestion that is sometimes upset by food change, travel, stress, separation or the usual ageing process. In addition, Optagest is a complete digestive supplement made with high levels of active ingredients and NO inactive ingredients such as fillers, sugars or preservatives that could further upset sensitive systems.
How does Optagest support a healthy immune system?
70% of the body’s defenses are housed in the digestive tract. Supporting intestinal health with Optagest promotes a strong immune system from the inside out.
Should I give Optagest every day or just when there is an obvious digestive problem?
There are lots of benefits for your dog or cat with Optagest every day. With the extra support from the enzymes in Optagest, food is more completely metabolized and more nutrients become available from the food. Optagest also helps to maintain the good bacteria that are so important to digestion. This, in turn, boosts the immune system, so… Optagest every day may be ideal for your pet.
Organic inulin, dried Aspergillus oryzae fermentation solubles, dried Rhizopus oryzae fermentation solubles, dried Trichoderma longibrachiatum fermentation solubles.
Guaranteed Analysis per 1/4 teaspoon
- Moisture (max): 5%
- Inulin (prebiotic): 700 mg
- Plant-based enzyme blend: 45 mg
- Protease (Aspergillus oryzae)*: 18,556 mmoles tyrosine liberated/min/g
- Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae)*: 2,025 mg starch liberated/min/g
- Lipase (Rhizopus oryzae)*: 1,033 mmoles fatty acid liberated/min/g
- Cellulase (Trichoderma longibrachiatum)*: 203 relative fluidity change units of carboxymethylcellulose liberated/5 min/g
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog and Cat Food Nutrient Profiles